Java Developer (346)
- United States -- Washington DC
Thursday, May 31, 2018
- Participating in the full agile application development life cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java applications, Web Services (SOAP and REST), and reusable components to support overall project objectives.
- Participating in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness.
- Contributing to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization; contributes to acceptance/functional testing duties and part of incremental feature development.
- Adhering to, promoting, and helping maintain development standards and best practices; participates in regular code reviews.
- Assisting development/test teams in activities with acceptance testing, load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning as required.
- Communicating committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Hands on development experience with open source Java stack. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Deep understanding and experience with designing and implementing highly scalable web applications in a cloud environment.
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with agile incremental delivery approach which supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested J2EE application component delivery every 2 weeks.
- Familiarity with J2EE/Java Frameworks, programming experience and overall Java development techniques to perform daily Java development, automated unit testing, and troubleshooting responsibilities.
- Experience with object-oriented programming or an entire software development life cycle in an academic or professional environment.
- Experience in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.